Friday, July 2, 2010

Early Morning Ramblings - As Promised!

Jenny is carrying us safely through Pennsylvania in the wee hours of the morning. I just woke up from a nice, long nap to the musical stylings of Tanya Tucker singing a duet with Ms. Jenny Miller! She is going strong, I can assure you. =)

Since Jenny is playing favorites with Crim, let me tell you about my favorite - NASH! I had my eye on Nash even before we walked in the Liberty Day parade last weekend. I was thrilled when we got the email with the parade dogs and he was one of the dogs we were "showcasing." When I got to the shelter last weekend, he was just as wonderful as he looks in his pictures - goofy, kind, loyal, and a little mischievous. When he and I first met, one of the Shelby Humane Society workers was walking him through the kennels at the shelter. He stopped to bark at EVERY single dog - even the puppies!!!!!! Mishcievous I tell you! Before the parade started, we were sitting in the shade together and I noticed that he was leaning up against me. Once he became more comfortable with me, he rolled over on his back, all four legs up in the air, begging me for a belly rub. I almost cried I wanted this dog so badly. Needless to say, when I went home last Saturday, I was plotting ways I could adopt Nash. Sadly, it kept coming back to the fact that I can't have dogs at my new apartment.


Yesterday Jenny sent me a text message telling me Nash was going to become a New Hampshirite. I am so excited to know that he will have a safe, caring home within a matter of weeks! Someone sure is going to be lucky to have Nash in his or her family!



Sidenote: Jenny might have told you that we were driving from Virginia into Pennsylvania. However, if you happened to look at map (of course, we didn't!), you have probably already realized that we had to go through West Virginia and Maryland first!

No comments:

Post a Comment